Friday, October 10, 2008

Pootability 101

I mentioned in the past about my cat that likes to join me out on the porch to view the different seens. He has a black and white coat and always looks like he’s wearing a tuxedo. All dressed up and nowhere to go.

He showed up outside my house about fourteen years ago and was begging to come inside.

I decided to take him in and for fourteen years he has wanted to go back out.

We’ll sit a spell out on the porch and every once in a while we’ll take a walk down to the old chicken house to see what’s prowling around.

He leads a very complicated life.

He eats the same exact brand of cat food and has for the past fourteen years.

He doesn’t like change but he does like to pee in the woods.

I prefer cats over dogs, that’s just who I am.

I had a dog that was an inside dog once; that dog could drop bombs or biscuits at the drop of a hat. Phewww!! That dog could clear a room with a simple poot.

Luckily, I have never had that problem with my cat.

When we’re not out on the porch I am kicked back in the recliner tapping away on the laptop which is on the left side of my lap and the cat is on the other side.

I got a lapful.

For the past few months I had been noticing that something just didn’t smell right. I thought I must have really bad breath. Mom was over visiting one evening and I breathed on her to see if it was me or not. It wasn’t. Every time I smelled that awful smell the cat was sitting on my lap.

It had to be him because I wasn’t going to admit to anything. You know the sayings: Smellers-the fellers, whoever smelt it, dealt it.

It took my cat fourteen years to discover his pootability. Maybe, I’ll let him back outside.

No comments:

Share/Bookmark

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin