Sunday, September 13, 2009

What Are The Odds Of That


Did you hear about the baby that was born on 09/09/09? He was born at 9:09 and weighed 9 lbs and 9 ozs.

What are the odds of that?

Do you think 9 will be his lucky number?

I tried to figure out the probability of all of those nines coming together at one time...but then I remembered that I failed Statistics in college...twice! No help there.

I tried to Google it but I couldn't really figure out the question and ended up on some raunchy web site advertising 9 inch prosthetic devices.

If there are any mathematically inclined folks out there or if you know someone that is ask them about the nines. I'm sure someone knows the answer...

1 comment:

Grayquill said...

No help from me - interesting though.

Share/Bookmark

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin