Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Whistling Chinese While Boxing The Cat

Any idea what that means? I had one of those fanciful, rip-roaring dreams the other night where there was so much activity that I woke up just plain tired.

I was a ballerina in the Russian version of the Nutcracker that was making her debut at the National Opera House in Sydney, Australia in 1846. I was of Asian descent and was supposed to be of small stature but it seems I was a bit too, too much to fit into my tutu.

I'm not sure if I had too many shrimp on the barbie or not but I kept walking around my dressing room with a Siamese cat following me and nagging that I needed to get into shape or I would be the laughing stock of the Seaman Fall Festival. (Seaman is the town where my high school is located.)

Not sure how or why I was having cross-Atlantic and cross-Centuries dreams but I can assure you that the fall festival and the opera house are about as far apart as two worlds could possibly be.

Or, so I thought!

The last thing I remembered before I woke up was that I was a contestant in the amateur talent shows at both the fall festival and at the opera house.

What was my talent? Whistling Chinese while boxing the cat...all in full tutu, of course!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of course...and I hope you gave that cat a good shot for suggesting you were out of shape.

Share/Bookmark

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin