Wednesday, November 16, 2011

In Case You Missed It

I've been enjoying a little break from the blog; been working on promoting my new book and all. But, I couldn't let this issue pass by without a comment or two from the MA Fat Woman.

The headline screamed: Some Kotex Tampons Recalled Due To Infection Risk.

The Kimberly-Clark Corp. says it has ordered a limited recall of 1,400 cases of tampons contaminated with a bacterium that could cause serious infections and, according to the FDA, could be life threatening.

"We have so far recovered 98% of the product -- Kotex Natural Balance Security Unscented Tampons Regular Absorbency," Kimberly-Clark spokesman Bob Brand tells WebMD. "We are looking for about 300 boxes, each containing 36 tampons."


All I can say is that I hope none of the MAFW's peeps is in possession of one of these recalled tampons. Really.

I mean, really.

Just the thought of it makes me want to throw up. Could you imagine the conversation: "MAFW? This is Jon Dough calling from the USDA. It has come to our attention, that you are in possession of a box of tainted tampons. These items have been recalled and you must surrender any remaining product whether unused or in use. Please forward to the proper authorities."

Like I said before, really! We're usually already stressed out enough during this time of the month, now we have to worry about tainted feminine products....Really!

Don't forget to get my new book!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another reason to be happy I've passed the menopause milestone.

Share/Bookmark

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin