Monday, May 20, 2013

My New Ride




I haven't deserted the blog.

Or my Mustang.

I've just been doing other things.

We went camping all the time when I was a kid. Never in a camper, though. We always had Dad's pickup truck with a shell on top and a mattress thrown in the back. (That's where Mom and Dad slept.) When I was younger, my brother and sister and I shared a tent with a thousand metal poles that always needed to be assembled, usually in the dark, usually when it was raining and that nobody could put together but Mom. It was a canvas tent and you never touched the sides for fear of having a leak. (And by touching the side that would somehow let the leak in.) There was always a leak because it always rained when we camped.

Always.

One year, Brother had his own tent which was a small two-man pup tent. He chose his own area in the campsite to pitch the tent which turned out to be a bad idea because he ended up nearly being washed away after a massive night time thunderstorm. I don't remember much about it except we all three ended up in the cab of the truck because the old canvas tent had way too many leaks. (I do remember looking up through the window of the tent trying to touch all of the stars that seemed just within my reach.)

I've camped a few times as an adult but it has been almost 15 years since I last camped. (Something about my snoring that seems to keep the whole campground awake or something like that.)

So for the past few years I have been thinking about getting out into nature once again.

In style. And in comfort.

In case you're wondering, it's a 24-ft 1998 Ford Jayco Class C Motorhome. I think I got a really good deal.

I did have a tire blowout on the drive bringing it home. (That's another story!)

And there are some minor issues that the mechanic is working on.

I was able to get it to a local campground this past weekend to get the sewage system cleaned out and to clean the inside.

Of course, it rained the entire time but I didn't touch the sides--no sense taking a chance if you ask me.

No comments:

Share/Bookmark

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin