Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Blogaversary...Year 7


It's hard to believe that's it been seven years since I started Reflections on a Middle-Aged Fat Woman. Over the past seven years Reflections has grown from a one paragraph post about my visit to the doctor into stories of my farm life as a girl, my continuing search for the perfect job, tales of hospital visits, unfortunate mishaps at the drive through and the silly things that can happen in everyday life.

One of my readers once told me that the main reason they like coming to visit the site is they never quite know what to expect and usually, get a laugh in return. Personally, I still think that is the highest compliment that can be paid to a writer, and for that, I'm grateful.

Of all of the stories that I've written  my favorites are those that involve my family, especially my mom.  I've been very lucky to be able to experience trips to the mall, trips around the southeast, a cross-country bus ride trip to Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon and a Christmastime Riverboat Cruise down the Danube with Mom and we always have a great time.

And in September we're heading up the East Coast on another bus ride to experience New England in the fall. I'm super excited about this trip and hope to have lunch with some of my friends along the way.

Thanks for stopping by and reading my stories and I hope to see you again real soon. As you've probably figured out by now, you never know what I'm gonna be talking about!


Gianetta

4 comments:

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Congratulations! So many bloggers quit after a year or two, so seven years is quite remarkable.

Gianetta said...

Thank you! And thanks for reading and commenting, I really do appreciate it!

Carolyn Plath said...

Congratulations on your Seven Year Milestone! Quite an accomplishment!

Lin said...

Happy Blog anniversary! I'm on year 7 too--which is hard to believe, isn't it? I wonder...where have we gotten all these stories to tell?

Well, here's to many more stories, posts and years of blogging!

Share/Bookmark

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin