Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Picking Up Pennies

I finally made my way outside today. It's been raining a lot, so, the cat and I have been hibernating...finishing up the Christmas cookies and candy. I've yet to get started on my new less fat plan. I have been watching Oprah pour her guts out about how much weight she has gained. And the ladies on the View have been griping and complaining about their holiday weight gain too.

I haven't gotten on the scales; in fact, I don't have any. I only get weighed in at the doctor's office. I can usually judge if I am going up or down by how well my clothes are fitting. I've been wearing sweat pants for the past few weeks but I had an undercover assignment today, so I had to dress up.

I noticed my slacks were a little snug, but not to the point of being uncomfortable. I had run into the grocery store because I was out of bon bons and was walking back out to my car when I noticed something shiny on the ground. I'm always on the lookout for coins and I pick them up whether it's heads up or not. I shifted my bon bons to my opposite hand and bent down to swoop up the penny.

RRRRRIIIIPPPPPPPP! Uh oh! Yep, I had split the seam of my pants, all the way up the crack. I reached my hand around the back trying to ascertain the damage, gave a tug and a pull, and before you knew it, I had given myself a wedgie.

I looked down at my bon bons with a mix of disgust and pleasure. I could turnaround and take those delectable treats back inside and get something healthier. But, then someone might notice that my butt was now hanging out of my pants and my drawers were pulled up to my armpits.

I decided to get in my car and head on home. I know that I need to start eating better, just not today.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hadn't owned scales in 25 years at least but just bought some. It is a purchase I will always regret.

Anonymous said...

Is it too late to return them?

Share/Bookmark

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin