Sunday, June 28, 2009

It Ain't A Maytag...Part I

My washer cut out on me the other day. For those of you that did/didn't understand what I just said reveals to me whether you live north/south of the sweet tea line.

I'm feelin' right articulate today!

Anyhow, there isn't much that annoys me more than when something breaks and you have to make the dreaded phone call to the repairman. What's your trip charge? How much for labor? What's a new one cost? Blah, blah, blah!

I'm pretty handy but I don't think I want to wrestle with the washing machine. I got a friend that comes over sometimes and will help with some minor repairs. I usually end up standing around holding the flashlight.

It's not just in my home either if I'm up at my mom's helping out I get to hold the flashlight there too.

I don't know how it got to be that way. When I was little I could take the wheels off my bicycle, take the chain off, oil it up and put everything back together.

What about the Vacuum? We had a Elecroloux canister vac that I could pretty much take apart and put back together with my eyes closed.

I'm not like my dad in the fact that he would take something apart and mom would have to put it back together. I can always get it put back together, might not work, but it was back together...

3 comments:

Rae said...

We used to own a laundromat and the machines were constantly breaking down. My job? Holding the flashlight, too!

Unknown said...

I've never been a handy person. I don't think folks even trusted me to hold the flashlight.

Margaret Hall said...

Ohhhh, I am seein' where this is goin'~! A machine that doesn't work gets kicked at our house...

Share/Bookmark

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin