Thursday, April 22, 2010

Piece Of Junk

I had called the repair guy about the lawnmower and told him I was going to be gone for most of the day and that the mower was around back of the house. He could just load it up and take it with him to see if he could work some 'repairman magic' (his words) on it.

So yesterday, either I was a little late or he was extremely early because I was in the shower when I heard the mower start up. I tried to hurry and finish what I was doing but I had just applied Nair to my upper lip and legs and was just finishing up my weekly fifteen minute deep cleansing hair moisturiser treatment. I do like to pamper myself or at least keep my face clear of all facial hair that keeps springing up on a regular basis.

Anyhow, by the time I got to the window to peek outside all I heard was, "That's a three hundred part and I might give her 25 bucks for it. It might be good for scrap. Damn wheels are locked up tight. We can't push that thing up the hill. Come on, let's go." And with that, they were gone.

I had errands to do and it was early evening before I got back home. I called the repair guy and he said it needed a new transmission and the cost for the part and labor was about $350. If I didn't want to do that he would buy it from me for about 25 dollars and he could use it for parts.

I told him I had to think about it. I want Brother to come and look at it again. I was able to get the blasted thing to go in reverse for about 10 feet before it locked up again so it makes me wonder if it really is the transmission. I called the junkyard and they said it was worth $8.50 per hundred pounds. That's about the same price the repair guy said he would give me for it. It must be a conspiracy or something.

I really think that I bought a lemon. I brought it brand new from Lowe's and mowed one season before it stopped working the first time. It still had and still has nubby things on the tires. That's been three years ago, it was out of warranty and I'm thinking its time has come: Off to the junkyard, I say. Be gone! Farewell! Good riddance!

Meanwhile, my lawn continues to grow at an astonishing rate...and did I mention that my pushmower has stopped working too?

Last chance to get in on the Bye, Bye Birthday contest.

No comments:

Share/Bookmark

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin