Sunday, June 6, 2010

Noises

Someone or something has been trying to get my attention.

Today, when I was in Walmart I was checking out the coffee makers and when I was finished I had to walk past the toaster ovens. No big deal, right? What if I told you that as I walked past a bell went off. It went DING! I went WTH? I stopped, and looked around, there wasn't anyone around and it certainly wasn't cooking me a snack.

Over the weekend when I was putting away the yard sale leftovers I heard music start playing from one of the dolls I was selling. I wasn't anywhere near it and I didn't even know it was musical.

Last week I was sitting in my recliner when there was a loud thump or creak in the ceiling above my light and then the light blinked on and off.

And don't get me started on what happens at about 1:28 AM every night. Almost, without fail, give or take five minutes, there will be a very loud creak at the bottom of my steps. It sounds like a heavy footstep. I just call it Alice, which by the way, was the name of the woman that lived in the house about sixty years ago. (I just found that out a few months ago) The noises on the steps have been happening for years.

Probably all just coincidence. If not, whomever, or whatever, you've got my attention.

4 comments:

Grayquill said...

Coincidence? Has your attention? - for what purpose?
"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.” - - Jesus
Would these events have my attention? You bet! I would also keep a baseball bat by the bed and have the attic checked for raccoons. Oh, yeah, I would probably do some praying too. :)

stella said...

Hi MA, sounds like ya got boogers livin wif ya. lol I dont like things that go bump in the night. Something is liable to get shot around here.

Jen said...

Dang G,
That would certainly have my attention too. Only I would love to go and find out what it is when it happens! We hear stuff in this place too but when I git up to check there is never nuthin' there, however, I have seen a lil ol' lady disappear thru the hallway like in a sleep gown a coupla times but when I go check it out, again, there's nuthin' there. On the other hand, dunno whut I would do if I did see whatever it was makin' the noise...lol. ~jen

Vegas Linda Lou said...

Those types of signals would certainly get my attention! Elvis? Is that you?

Share/Bookmark

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin