Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Mentone, Alabama...Part IV


After an enjoyable lunch of seafood and a full hour of classic country tunes it was time to head on back up the mountain and meet up with some friends. We finally arrived at the cabin and were somewhat surprised by the location; it was remote and isolated to say the least.

It was later in the day and the subject of dinner was brought up. We had packed a few essentials such as beer, wine and a family size bag of Lay's potato chips. Back in my college days those three items would have made for an enjoyable weekend; now that I'm older--not so much.

We didn't really have many options for dinner; in fact, we only had one option and that was the Wildflower Cafe. We pulled into the parking lot and were surprised by the amount of cars. One of my friends walked up to the hostess and before she could say anything the hostess said, "Do you have a reservation?"

Reservation? Are you kidding me? It's a Thursday night, in the middle of nowhere, in a town with a population of 46 people and I've just been asked if I had a reservation. "No," my friend said.

"Well, I know I don't have anything inside for the next two hours, but there might be something out back. Wait right here," said the lady. She came back in a few moments and said, "Well, I can put you out on the patio or you can get on the waiting list and we may be able to seat you. We close early..."

2 comments:

Rae said...

I am loving these chapters of your adventures! Can't wait to see what happens next!

Gianetta said...

Thanks! I needed to hear that.

Share/Bookmark

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin