Monday, March 25, 2013

Slips, Trips And Falls

I landed a perfect faceplant the other day after slipping and sliding on a big glob of butter. For the third time in as many months I dropped one of those large plastic butter tubs on the floor in my kitchen. Personally, I would think they should be a bit more durable, but each drop has resulted in a crater-size crack of the tub and a mountain of yellow goo on the floor.

I really don't think it matters how old you are when you slip and fall; it still hurts. First, even before you allow yourself to realize that you could be injured, you have a quick look around to see if anyone was watching. Next, you do a mental assessment from head-to-toe bending and flexing to make sure everything still works. Sometimes, it will seem everything is okay--until you wake up the next morning unable to get out of bed.  Stiff neck, anyone?

This trip was more a surprise than anything: One moment you're standing at the fridge with a tub of butter in your hand and the next you're face down on the floor with the cat licking butter off your nose.




I didn't injure myself, thank goodness, but at my middle-agedness, I need to be more careful; that's why I'm switching to sticks!

No comments:

Share/Bookmark

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin