Monday, March 18, 2013

Wanna Hear Something Funny?

The following are telephone conversations that took place recently between my mom, sister and me:

Mom: "Watcha' been up to?"

Me:  "Not much; working on my new book."

Mom: "Oh, I see.  When are you going to let me read more of it?"

Me:  "When it's finished!  Why haven't you called?"

Mom: "I been busy and the phone works both ways, you know."

Me: "I know that, but sometimes, I'm just testing you--make sure you don't forget about me."

Mom: "Well, I may be forgetting some things these days but you're certainly not one of them."

Me: "Thanks."

Mom: "Hey. What was your name again?"

Me: "Mom!"

Mom: "Ha! Just teasing you--you ain't the only one with a sense of humor, ya know?  Wanna hear something funny?"

Me: "Sure."

Mom: "Well, I have some new folks I'm pet sitting for and they have a German Shepherd and a big black mixed dog. I took them both out on the leash at the  same time and the black dog turned around real quick like--almost like he was scared of something. It caught me off guard and knocked me off balance; I ended up on the ground. The next thing I recall was that the German Shepherd came at me over my head and jumped on the black dog.  I thought, 'this is it; I'm going to be attacked by them for sure.' Well, the German Shepherd wasn't attacking me, he was jumping the other dog. He must have thought that I was being attacked."

Me: Silence.

Mom: "That German Shepherd is a nice dog; he really likes me."

Me: : "That isn't funny at all; you could have been killed. You know I don't like it when you take on new clients..."

Mom: "Harrumph! I can take care of myself.  You're just like your father; you worry too much. I gotta go, Wheel of Fortune is on."

Me: "Okay, bye. (Calling my sister.) Have you talked to mom lately?"

Sister: "No, why?"

Me: "She got pulled to the ground by a big dog and then another dog jumped the other dog over her head."

Sister: "What kind of dog was it?"

Me: "German Shepherd."

Sister:  "Oh, they are very protective."

Me: "She could have been hurt."

Sister:  "You worry too much; you get more like dad everyday.  I gotta go, Wheel of Fortune is on."


Does anyone else fail to see the humor in this? Or is it just me?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too funny!! See, I do see the humor!!

Share/Bookmark

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin