Monday, January 5, 2015

Ready...Set...Let's Ride

I'm not sure about the rest of you but I am glad the Holidays are over. Don't get me wrong, I had a lovely time with the family; I ate really well and I didn't have to pass out the presents this year. That task went to my niece who has been MIA from our southern Christmas celebrations for a few years. I guess she missed hanging out at Grandma's house because she made the trip south and was almost sociable.

I've been under the weather for a few weeks. It seems that my intestines are not wanting to cooperate with the rest of my body which basically means lots of tests and numerous pokes and prods. These tests are all negative, thankfully, but have led to more tests to be scheduled in the future. It's an ongoing process--on the bright side, I've lost some weight, which is always a good thing.

From the picture, you can see that Wally has found himself a new toy. He just loves it! I loved what came in the box: a large selection of my favorite potato chips--Herr's Sour Cream & Onion Chips.

It used to be quite the occasion when I would get a bag of my favorite chips. I could only get them when I went back to Ohio, someone brought or mailed me a bag from Ohio or I bought them directly from the company website.

Not anymore, Herr's chips are in most of the grocery stores where I live which is a good thing.

Or so I thought.

Herr's has a lot of different kinds of flavors of chips in addition to the traditional flavors such as plain, barbeque, and sour cream & onion. The problem is that the stores carry all of the non-traditional flavors and not my favorite flavor, sour cream & onion.

I guess it's a good thing because I wouldn't want to eat too many but I sure feel like someone is playing a big trick on me every time I walk up the chip aisle.

Oh, well, for now I'm still enjoying my chips and Wally is enjoying his new ride.

Maybe someone from the Herr's family will read this and start shipping my flavor south. You never know; it might happen.

No comments:

Share/Bookmark

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin