Friday, February 19, 2016

I'm So Tickled

I'm mentioned a few conversations with Mom over the past years and there are more than enough to fill up a book if I ever took the time to write anything down. Mom has a way with dry one liners that make you think and make me jealous. Why didn't I think of that is a thought I have all the time when we're around each other?

Here is one of our recent conversations:

Mom likes to laugh but she isn't one of those that has a loud, boisterous laugh. You know the type--the one you can hear two blocks away. Mom is more of a snorter or harrumpher--you can tell it's a laugh, but it's brief and onto the next subject.

Recently, something got a hold of us--I think it was the lady wearing a clown suit at the restaurant we were at and the circus wasn't even in town. This lady had the nose, the shoes, a horn and was zonking other diners every time she went to the buffet which seemed every few minutes (Not that I was keeping track.). She finally caught our gaze and walked up to Mom and gave her a big old zonk and we both lost it.

I don't know how long we laughed, but we couldn't breathe because we got so tickled. I was finally able to manage "I'm tickled" before losing it again.

Mom, on the other hand had managed to pull herself together long enough to make this statement: "I'm so tickled, I think I tinkled myself." We lost it again.

I'm so tickled, I think I tinkled myself has to be the funniest thing I've heard all winter. I tried to remember hearing the line said that way before--I'm sure it has--but I couldn't remember ever hearing it.

Later, in the car I asked her where she came up with the line. She thought for a moment and said, "I don't know. Until today, I've never needed it before. Ladies in clown suits in buffet restaurants--that's something you don't see everyday?"

Unexpected events can happen any time. Pay attention. Be open to whatever. And most of all, have a sense of humor. Life's too short not to...you might just want to pack a change of clothes...just in case.






2 comments:

sonokate said...

I think the happiest people probably need to wear panti-liners, don't you? :)

Gianetta said...

Always a good idea to be prepared!

Share/Bookmark

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin