Tuesday, November 29, 2016

The Erma Bombeck Writer's Workshop

In 2012, I was lucky enough to attend the Erma Bombeck Writer's Workshop in Dayton, Ohio. I had such a good time that I went back two more times. Not only do they change writers' lives (notice, I said writers--that's another thing they say it's okay to do: call yourself a writer) by offering advice, education, (free wine) (and lemon cake) and a whole lot of camaraderie with like-minded people but they also hand out these terrific looking bags.

ERMA swag



Today, November 29, 2016, is designated as Giving Tuesday across our great country. It's a day to give what you can, to whomever you can, and when you're deciding on a charitable cause to give to on this wonderful day, I hope you'll consider a give to the Endowment Fund of the Erma Bombeck Writer's Workshop.


After you've made your gift, snap an #UNselfie of yourself and post it online. Just like this:

#UNselfie



Erma changed my life, and the friends I met there have become my family. We listen to each other. We love each other. And most of all, we laugh together. There's nothing better than that.

Here's the link to donate, again: Erma Bombeck Writer's Workshop

Thanks so much and I'll let Erma have the last line "Did you ever notice that the first piece of luggage on the carousel never belongs to anyone?"

#GivingTuesday

No comments:

Share/Bookmark

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin