Friday, September 3, 2010

Mentone, Alabama...Part V


...We all agreed to sit on the patio and proceeded to enjoy one of the best meals that I have ever eaten. Now, we knew why you needed a reservation: the food was excellent. The restaurant had a very relaxed atmosphere; it went along with the Artsy and Shabby Chic feel of the town. We met the chef--he came out several times and introduced himself as the guy that was doing the cooking. There was live entertainment (although we only heard it when the door was opened) and a small gift shop to purchase locally made items. It was a really nice evening!

After a relaxing few days and a trip to the Unclaimed Baggage store which I'll be telling you about in a future post this story should have ended. I never intended to tell you about my adventure to Mentone. It was just a nice weekend that I spent with friends. But the problem is this: I couldn't get Mentone out of my brain. I'm not sure why, I just couldn't.

One night, a few days after returning home from the trip I had to make a midnight trip to the potty. I never turn the lights on and as I was sitting on the toilet someone whispered in my ear, "Mentone. Write the story on Mentone." I kid you not. It spooked me. It had been a while since I had heard from any of the visitors that seem to follow me around.

And what's even more strange is that Friend said she had a dream that told her to tell me to write the story about Enotnem, which is Mentone spelled backwards.

Well, there you have it. I've written the story about Mentone. I'm still not really sure why except if a voice tells you to do something in the middle of the night--you'd better do it!

2 comments:

HulaBuns said...

Thanks for increasing my paranoia level! Now I will be spooked in the middle of the night while awake wondering if someone will be whispering in my ear. Glad you wrote the story, but not so glad about being spooked by it. Also, I'm now hungry and I blame you for that too. ;)

Rae said...

Loved it! But I think maybe that voice might be telling you it's time for a book. And you could certainly write a fun one!

Share/Bookmark

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin