Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Lawnmower Blues...Year II

****I'm going to repost this story about my problems with lawn mowers. I thought I had fixed the problem, but evidently not. Read on to see what happened.****



I mentioned in an earlier post about my father's fondness for lawn mower wheels. Today, I sure could have used his help, because I must confess, I have the worst riding lawn mower ever made. It made it through only one season before it needed a new battery. One of the headlights quit working somewhere through season two. The first time I mowed in season three a belt broke and it wouldn't move. The wheels locked down and it wouldn't go in neutral. You had to basically slide it to get it to move.(Very frustrating!!)

I don't have a big yard. It slopes downward from the road to the house. It has three big pine trees, one very large holly tree, about 14 stumps, 3 gopher holes, one satellite dish(not working), one water meter and 2 ant hills. My riding mower was so new when it broke down it still had the numbly things on the tires. Of course, it was out of warranty, so I made a few calls to see if anyone would come and try to fix it. It was going to cost hundreds' of dollars one guy said. Another guy said take it to so-and-so and they'll fix it. (Right, the wheels are locked down, the dang thing ain't moving.) So, what did I do? I bought the cheapest push mower I could.

Somewhere, Dad is laughing...

1 comment:

Milliscent Morgan said...

According from what I read above this post really convinced me because of its great content it shows about lawn mower wheels. Keep up the good work.

Share/Bookmark

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin