|Here are the top ten things to do during a heat wave:
10. Complain to all your friends on Facebook about how hot it is?
9. Step outside to get a closer look at the thermometer to be sure it actually says 102 degrees at 11:00 AM---in the shade.
8. Confirm that it actually is 102 degrees in the shade with 75% humidity and begin the day with another nasty case of swamp ass. (Sweating of the loins.)
7. Stay indoors! (Nope, can't do that. It's hotter inside than it is outside.)
6. Plan a road trip to audition for a television game show. (I'll let you know how that turns out.)
5. Change clothes for the 5th time because it's too hot to do anything inside either; those chores will just have to wait.
4. Stare at window air conditioning units and wonder just how high the power bill is going to be this summer.
3. Sit and sweat as you look at the window air conditioning units that are now turned off since the power bill was over $300.
2. Have some ice cream while typing out a top ten list about things to do during the first heat wave of the season.
1. Move to your mother's house for a few days; she has central air!
Good list. Did Mom let you spend the day with her? Keep us updated on the game show thing.
Post a Comment