Friday, October 18, 2013

The Trip Of A Lifetime...This Time, I'm Going

Several months ago Mom and I were working on a project at her house. "I think I'm going to take another cruise at Christmas this year," she said.

"You are. You're not going to be gone on Thanksgiving this year, are you?" I asked.

"Nope. It leaves the day after Thanksgiving this time."

"Is it the same trip"?

"Nope. It's on a different river. It's on the Danube River and leaves from Nuremberg, Germany. You know that's where they had the Nazi trials after WWII. After that we float for ten days and end up in Vienna, Austria. We're going to be stopping and checking out all of the Christmas markets. It's another one of those trips of a lifetime you tease me about. You wanna go?"

"Where?"

"On the riverboat ride?"

"With you?"

"Yes!"

"You've never asked me before," I said. "I've always wanted to go somewhere for Christmas..."

"I thought it would be fun if one of you kids went. We had a blast when we went to Vegas."

I was silent for a minute because I knew there was a huge white elephant in the room. "I don't know," I said.

"Why not? Money?" she asked.

"No," I said quietly. "I don't know if I'll be able to fit into the seat."

"Well, you been saying you need to lose that weight. What better way to find motivation then taking a trip of a lifetime with your mom. I never got to do that with my mom, you know?"

"I'll think about it," I said. After a few weeks and many conversations with all of the different personalities that I carry  around with me at any given time (You know: doubt, fear, self-loathing, more doubt...etc), I had made a decision. I went over to Mom's house and announced my decision, "I've decided to go with you. You were right, What  better way to get myself motivated and get this weight off than to go on a trip with you."

So, this was back in May, I wanted to write this post sooner but decided it wasn't time. Our trip is only six weeks away or so and I've lost close to 50 pounds. The biggest change in my life is that I have started walking 30 minutes every day along with eating better.

I'm so excited. I can hardly stand myself.

Yep, my mom is going on another trip of a lifetime, and this time, I'm going, too!

No comments:

Share/Bookmark

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin