Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My Luck Went Bam or Pow or WTH

It all started out so innocently just a few short days ago when I declared to the world that August 22 was my lucky day.

Uh Uh. Nada. Zippo. Zilcho.

I didn't win the Mega Millions drawing.


I spent the morning having a root canal that cost $1300.00.

I got caught in the same speed trap that my friend got caught in; the officer didn't reduce my speed amount (must've read my blog). I was going 82 in a 55 (have Mustang, must go fast).

Somehow, I made it to my bed around 1:30 that night and had just dozed off when the rail slat under my bed broke and I went Bam as I hit the floor. (WTH) This, in turn, startled the cat and made every hair on his body go Puff. I then spent the next two hours trying to calm him down while trying to figure out how my bed broke.

By this time I was so strung out from the root canal, the speeding ticket, the broken bed and a frazzled feline that I wanted to go put my head in the sand. I reached across the table to get my drink when I noticed a scratch-off lottery ticket that I had purchased a few days earlier. I searched for a coin to scratch it off. I needed to match 2 of the lucky numbers, which coincidentally were 8 & 22. I worked on the first pair of numbers--nothing. Second pair--nothing. Third pair--nothing. I looked at the last set of numbers and wouldn't you know it--an 8 & a 22. I was a winner. Can you believe that? What was my prize?

I didn't tell you what the Pow was for either. The Pow is the sound that my car made when I backed into another car at the convenience station where I had gone to cash in my winning lottery ticket. My prize was $300.00, just about what its going to cost to get the other car fixed.

And that my friends is why August 22 is no longer my lucky day.

1 comment:

Da Old Man said...

You definately need to pick a different lucky day. :)

Share/Bookmark

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin