Sunday, March 15, 2009

My Friend Crotchety

Recently, my friend Joe, the boy genius behind Crotchety Old Man Yells At Cars celebrated his 500th birthday...err post. In the blogging world which dominates over everything else, this is a major accomplishment.

I'm not sure if I have ever done anything 500 times. That's not true. I know for a fact that I have drunk at least 500 Diet Cokes in the past week, which in turn, has caused me to overuse the facilities at least 500 times and overflowing them at least twice. Thanks Old Man!

Da old man as he likes to be called runs a tight blog over there. I love the Wednesday feature "Caption This" where you get to caption some of the most outrageous photos imaginable. I have a couple of personal photos that I wanted him to use but he told me they were too racy for his blog. He told me I should call Larry Flint up at Hustler magazine and tell him I'm available. I'm not too sure 'bout that.

Crotchety lives all the way up there in New Jersey. I know it ain't his fault. He wanted me to come up for a visit but you know I turn into a Middle Aged Fat Woman every time I cross the Mason/Dixon line and nobody wants to be that.

Another thing I like about Da old man is that he admits who he is. He is crotchety. He is an old man. And he yells at cars. You can't get more straightforward than that.

Thanks for the laughs!

Keep 'em coming.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I like Crotchety also.
And I think I could say I've done the same thing as you with the diet Cokes -- and with the facilities!

A New Yorker said...

He's one awesome dude!

Da Old Man said...

Thank you so much for the kind words.

New Jersey Rocks, BTW. It is the center of the universe.

Jen said...

One of my favorite blogs. The old man rocks!

I do think it would be nice if we could have some sort of bloggy gathering at some point. Don't know where or when but there are so many I would like to meet.

Rae said...

Congrats to Old Man! I personally know how difficult it is to come up with blog material. He deserves a pat on the crotchety old back!

Anonymous said...

I love Crotchety's no-nonsense, casual style. I feel really comfortable in his "house." And the guy posts every single day. No way I can do that. Huzzah!

Share/Bookmark

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin