Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I Thought He'd Be Taller...Part I

I ran up to the local gas station the other evening to pick up a couple of snacks and was on my way out the door and held the door for a gentleman who was on the way in. Nice of me, huh?

Anyhow, the guy was kinda slump shouldered and was wearing a plaid looking western shirt and a white hat. He had blond curly hair and a bushy mustache. I took one look at him and said, "Hey, you're Alan Jackson!" He nodded at me as I held the door for him and walked on inside. (Was that who I thought it was?)

I put my purchases in the Mustang and looked over at the vehicle he was driving. I'm not sure what I was expecting but it turned out to be a dual cab black pickup truck with steer horns across the front. I immediately appreciated the beauty of that truck. It wasn't a new truck but probably around 1995. It had tinted windows but I was able to see one other person inside.

I watched as he nodded to several other people, made his purchases and strode back through the door. I was watching him the whole way. I wanted to be sure that that was really him. I noticed that he was wearing white cowboy boots and ripped jeans...

No comments:

Share/Bookmark

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin