Monday, March 14, 2011

Benefits Of Traveling Alone


On my recent trip to Florida to fetch Mom I was delighted to find myself traveling alone. Just me, the Mustang and the open road....Ahhh--I can still feel the wind whipping around through the open windows of the car as I cruise along at a steady 80 MPH.

Can you hear the stereo blasting out my favorites hits from the 80s? The Outfield. REO Speedwagon. Journey. Air Supply. (Yes, I totally love Air Supply) Joan Jett. AC DC. Hall & Oates.

Did you see a MA Fat Woman in a sporty red car, "Just Dancing" her bootay off and singing along and as loud as she could to Lady Gaga? While at the same time doing the Humpty, the Humpty Dance while wearing apple bottomed jeans and boots with the fur....Yes, my friends, that was me!

At one point during my drive I was on such a roll of hearing back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back good songs that I could totally get into that I was totally oblivious to a cop that had been following me for several miles. Luckily, during a commercial intervention, I was able to calm down long enough to see him and maintain a more dignified persona has he drove past and gave me a look.

Of course, never one to be unfriendly, I gave him a smile and a wave and cranked the radio back up--I had to-- Bon Jovi's Livin' On A Prayer had just started.

I was able to stop and eat at the first place that I saw that looked appetizing. I filled up with gas. Plus, I had a potty break...All in one stop! That never happens when I'm riding with someone.

Nobody in my family likes to ride with the windows down. (Except, Dad.)

I was able to listen to whatever music I liked, as loud as I could stand it and sing along blissfully off key without a care in the world.


...Another benefit of traveling alone.

Uh, oh! What's that smell?

Smeller is the feller...

...and whomever smelt it, dealt it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good read!

I need one of those trips myself, ASAP.

'Get your motor runnin'....ride on down the highway....lookin' for adventure....

PLU

Unknown said...

I love road trips!

Share/Bookmark

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin