Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Zero, Five Or Whatever...What Do You Stop On?


I was pumping gas the other day and had left the nozzle on automatic. After it had clicked off I began my usual battle with the pump dispenser to get the dollar amount just perfect.

Here are my preferred choices:

1. I like the amount to be a nice round number. When filling up the Mustang these days, that amount is $50.00.

2. I like the total to end in a zero.

3. I can handle it if it stops on a five.

When gas is as high as it is, it is nearly impossible to get the pump to stop on a zero or five. It always goes past to 01 or 06 and I end up with $47.46 or $48.01. Before you know it, I've put an additional two or three bucks in the car because I can't get the blasted thing to stop.

My mom thinks it's hysterical when she sees me doing this. Why don't you just let it stop wherever, she says, or better yet, pay with cash and they do the stopping for you!

So, is it just me? Zero, five or whatever, what do you stop on?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha! I'm the same way - it's gotta stop on a 0 or a 5 and I will keep going and going until I get it, LOL!

Stacy said...

I always want it to stop on an even dollar amount...no cents, but the pumps at our station seem to be incapable of stopping on the dollar and I always end up paying the dollar amount plus 1 cent. Grrrr!

Golden To Silver Val said...

LOL, OMG, I thought I was the only nut that did this!! However, I will only "fiddle" with the pump 3 times to get it at 0 or 5...then I just shrug and forget it. It's not a pretty sight to be hit with backsplash from a too full tank.

Anonymous said...

It used to be easy. Just a little "tap tap" on the handle and you got where you were heading. Now a gentle tap is not going to get you the 8 cents you need to stop at zero. ANOTHER thing we have to forget about....like driving for the sheer pleasure of it.

Share/Bookmark

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin