Sunday, January 22, 2012

More Matters Of Timing...Part I

"Oh, rats," as good old Charlie Brown would say.

Do you ever feel that you have the luck of this lovable loser? You know, the whole when it rains, it pours syndrome and you forgot your umbrella and parked your car at the very end of the parking lot which is now a newly formed lake.

To make matters worse, everything in your shopping cart is perishable and you ordered a pizza to have delivered to your house but now the road is shut down do to the flash flooding that is taking place.

In other words, your timing STINKS!

This happened to me the other day. I got up at my normal time, took my first pill of the day that has to be taken on an empty stomach and went for my morning walk. (That's my latest self-improvement project. I walk for thirty minutes while I let the medicine absorb into my body.) After that, I had breakfast and caught up on some reading. Friend had mentioned that she wanted to check out the new antique store that had just opened uptown, so I went to hop in the shower.

Unfortunately, I had eaten bacon and eggs for breakfast, along with three cups of coffee and now my guts were roiling.

This delayed my entry into the shower by a good ten minutes.

Routine is everything when I'm in the shower. Here's how it is supposed to go:

Turn on water and adjust accordingly before entering shower
Enter shower
Wet body and hair
Open shampoo, lather, rinse, repeat
Keeping shampoo on head in full lather during second washing while washing other parts of the body

...and that's when the trouble started

I was lost somewhere in song (singing I got the moves like Jagger) when I noticed the steady stream of water bursting from my shower head had started to lessen, to recede, then trickle and then dribble on down to an occasional drop. What in the world I thought to myself. "Hey," I yelled at Friend. "Are you running water in the kitchen?"

"No, why?" she yelled back...

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Oh don't stop there!!! I thought you were going to say that you forgot to rinse your hair and didn't figure it out until you got out. That's what I did last week. How could I forget that important step!

Share/Bookmark

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin