Sunday, January 29, 2012

Remembering Dad...Year III

Today would have been my Dad’s 77th birthday. Dad liked nothing better than having a steak for his birthday. Mom likes a Ribeye, but not Dad, he liked a T-Bone, the bigger the better. In recent years, the local steakhouse closed down, reopened, closed again, reopened as a church, closed again and has now reopened as a Mexican restaurant.

Confused? Me too!

So, in keeping with the family tradition, we’re going out for T-bones at the new Longhorn that has opened near where the old steakhouse once stood.

I’m sad you can’t be with us but we know you’ll be watching. I don’t know if you ever got to eat at Longhorn or not but I hear they cook a really mean steak.

We miss you.
Gopher

2 comments:

Confessions of a Closet Hoarder but you can call me Judy said...

{{{{hugs}}}

I'm sure conversation at the dinner table consisted of fun memories of your dad. That's a wonderful way to honor him. :)

Anita Vest-Conder said...

Hey Gee!! :) Anita Vest-Conder here...so pleased to see you have a book out.

The steakhouse...is that the Reservation you speak of?

Share/Bookmark

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin