Sunday, December 21, 2008

Minor Details

Sometimes with all the hustle and bustle of the holidays small things can get over looked. I misplaced my electric bill under a pile of miscellaneous scraps of wrapping paper and had to pay a 30 dollar late fee. (No holiday spirit there)

I have been overlooking the fact that I have gained about 10 pounds since Thanksgiving.

Another minor detail that I seem to have overlooked is my credit card limit. Every time I go shopping and swipe the card it comes back approved. (I guess I'll deal with that in January)

I'm a little disappointed with the amount of Christmas cards that I have received this year. Only six so far.

I went to the mailbox and was excited that I had received a card from Mom. Good ole' mom--you can always count on your mom to keep those holiday traditions alive. I ripped the envelope open and pulled out the beautiful card inside. It was lovely...a wonderful holiday scene with carolers and horse-driven sleighs. As I turned it around several times looking to see what personal message she had written on the inside I became a little confused. There wasn't any message at all; in fact, she hadn't even signed the card.

Needless to say, I called her right away to point out the fact of the unsigned card. Her response: You knew who it was from, didn't you? What's it matter if I signed it or not. I've been busy baking and stuff, so, I forgot a minor detail. Be thankful you got a card at all, what with the price of stamps and all. I don't know why they keep raising the price of stamps...

2 comments:

Lola said...

Well, at least you got your only Christmas card from your mother. The only Christmas card I got was from Famous Footwear and it included a $5 gift card. Technically I don't think that even counts as a Christmas card since it is basically an ad and a coupon wanting me to spend money on shoes. How depressing. And then, I went and spent it on socks for my son. Again, how depressing.

Gianetta said...

I sent you a card, didn't you get it?

Share/Bookmark

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin