|In one way or another I bet every person out there has a superstition that makes them be just a bit more careful on specific days, especially Friday the 13th. I've come up with a list of the things that I try to or try not to do to keep the bad juju away. See how many you know about or list your own in the comments section.
1. Don't leave your house on Friday 13th or even look out the window.
2. Don't walk under a ladder.
3. Don't let a black cat cross your path. (This one doesn't bother me too much because my cat is black.)
4. Step on a crack and you'll break your mamma's back.
5. Crossing your fingers for luck.
6. Crossing your legs for luck.
7. Crossing every part of your body for luck.
8. Saying "break a leg" to someone in the theatre.
9. Carrying around an item you consider lucky such as a rabbit's foot, lucky charms, or your children's baby teeth.
10. Keeping to the same routine no matter what happens. (That could be OCD!)
11. I always put my left leg in first when I put my pants on.
12. I used to always have to talk to one of my friends before I played in a basketball game.
14. Tossing salt over your shoulder when you spill it.
15. Kissing someone for luck.
16. Think positive thoughts.
17. And my personal favorite: Keep telling everyone that will listen, that one day, your luck is going to change, that proverbial ship is going to come in. You're doing all of those things that I just mentioned. You've crossed yourself until you resemble a pretzel. You've done the same thing for the last ten years. Your mom's back isn't broken and there's no way possible that the MA Fat Woman is getting anywhere close to a ladder.
So, I'm doing all the right things, I'm staying positive, my luck is about to change, right?
Friday, February 13, 2009
How Superstitious Are You?
Posted by Gianetta at 10:59 AM
Labels: Friday the 13th, lucky charms, superstitions
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Well, at my age, I think I can probably cross my boobs for luck, too.
My grandma will not talk on the phone if a bird is on the line outside. She says it will carry her secrets off and spread them around.
I have to crawl into bed in exactly a certain way (which I'll spare you, 'cause at my size, it ain't pretty), or I KNOW I will wake up the next day and have bad luck.
I toss salt, too. And pepper. Just to be on the safe side.
I really wish they wouldn't vote on that stimulus bill on Fri. 13th.
I could go on. I come from a very superstitious family. But, I've blabbed long enough. I'll let someone else have a crack at it.
13 is a lucky number for Jews...go figure. HA!
All of those.
Also, saying "Bread and butter" when you're walking beside someone and you get separated (like, by a pole).
Post a Comment