Friday, March 9, 2012

Peyton And Me


The last time I had a dream about Peyton Manning was about six years ago. I'm a big sports fan and the Indianapolis Colts were one of my favorite teams so it wasn't that surprising that I would dream of the future HOF quarterback; however, in my 40-plus years of living I can't remember dreaming of a professional athlete.

What spawned the dream at that time, I believe, was a three week regimen of the stop smoking drug Chantix. I'm sure if you know of anyone that has tried to stop smoking they have tried this drug, and whether successful or not, have probably had some wacky dreams associated with its use.

My dream six years ago was that I was Peyton and Eli's long lost sister. I had shown up at their quarterback camp that they have every year, DNA proof of relation document in hand, and was immediately asked how much money I wanted. In the dream, I didn't want any money; I just wanted to play catch with Peyton.

I know, kinda strange, right? Who in their right mind wouldn't have asked for a fat one million dollar check right on the spot? But, I don't think I was in my right mind; I had the chemical effects of the drug messing with the old thinking cap, I think. (In case you're wondering, I did stop smoking during that time and it has been almost six years since I smoked.)

The dream I had recently was a bit different. I was visiting a tropical destination wanting to spend time with mom who had recently moved there. In an earlier conversation with her in another dream she had mentioned knowing a guy with the name Manning back in the 50s. Hmm--I wonder if that is where the DNA match came from.

Mom's new digs included two separate living areas. One area was the main living area consisting of a kitchen, living room, etc... The other living area was the master suite that opened to the public pool area and bar. I guess this was the complex that Peyton also had a condo in and that's where we met, right by the bar at the pool.

I was getting ready for bed and then reconsidered because, I mean, hello, there IS a pool and a bar just outside your door; how about a nightcap?

I slid open the door and there sat Peyton, apparently not as surprised as me because he smiled broadly, patted the seat beside him and said, "Hey, Sis? What are you doing here?"

No comments:

Share/Bookmark

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin