Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Where Have All The Famous People Gone?


Have you noticed the absence of famous people on television? With the latest announcement of the new cast of Dancing With The Stars and its not so famous list of stars it got me thinking about where have all the famous people gone.

I think it's because of reality television and the recession that all of the famous people have gone bye bye. Of course, I could be wrong.

Let's start with one of the local channels in my viewing (Atlanta) area. The network broadcasts local news from 4:30 a.m. - 7:00 a.m., an hour from 12-1, three more hours from 4-7 and then 11-11:30 p.m.; that's seven hours of just local news.

And then you have 7-9 a.m. of national news, then 6:30-7:00 p.m. and then Nightline from 11:30-12:00. There may be even more news on in the middle of night; not sure, I can't seem to stay up that long. Grand total- 10 hours of news.

Don't even get me started of reality television.

What does this mean? It's a lot easier to add another hour of news than to add another talk show to replace Oprah. At least that's what the network did in my area.

No problem, said Oprah. I'll just start my OWN Network. And that's the problem. I have basic cable and her new network is not included in the basic plan; you have to upgrade to the digital package to blah, blah, blah.

What a load of crap! I guess I'll just watch the extra hour of news. But, you never know, from what I heard about the ratings on her new network and that of the national networks, a reunion might be in the making.

Until then, well, I can always catch Conan on the Tonight Show...Oh, wait! Didn't he go ....

No comments:

Share/Bookmark

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin