Sunday, June 8, 2008

Hillary Takes a Bow

As I watched Hillary Clinton give her concession speech today, I was struck by the magnitude of what she has accomplished. Tears welled in my eyes as she took a stroll down memory lane mentioning that her mother had always told her she could be anything she wanted to be. She almost was...I can't remember if I have ever heard Clinton speak of her childhood and what she wanted to be when she grew up. Senator Clinton has twenty years on the middle-aged fat woman, and I can honestly say I never wanted to be president. Why? I never thought of it as a possibility. Why would you want to set yourself up for failure at such an early age? I always wanted to be a teacher, maybe a veterinarian and once I even wanted to be a brain surgeon (my high school teacher laughed at that one.) President?....Not a chance.

No matter your political affiliation, whether you are male or female you should be proud of America. She has done a good thing...Hillary, this might not have been your year, but millions of mothers across this nation can honestly tell their daughters that wanting to be president isn't such a bad thing after all. Anything is possible.......Almost!!

No comments:

Share/Bookmark

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin