Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Sex and the City....What's the fuss about?

Growing up on a farm in southern Ohio I never knew what the big deal was about Fashion Week or designer labels or fancy shoes. For as many years as I can remember all I ever wanted for Christmas was a pair of coveralls to wear to look just like my Dad. The jeans that I wore either came from JC Penny or the John Deere place(I'm not kidding). Shoot, I was happy when I got one of those gold metal stretchy disco belts in the eight grade(Way to go Mom). So, with all of the buzz surrounding the Sex and the City movie I thought I would go check it out. I had probably seen the show only about 3 or 4 times since it was on HBO(to cheap to buy it, cable is expensive enough). I went in with a completely open mind. What could I possibly have in common with 4 younger extremely thin women who live in New York City(New York City)[I love that commercial] and wear desinger clothes and six-inch stilettos?

Alot, in fact. As the movie progressed, I found myself strangely drawn to the fabrics, the colors, the absurdly decorated hats. Everything was so over the top. Maybe I could wear a designer label and pull it off? I wondered if they would have my size? Heeelllllloooo, I don't think so. Well, maybe they would have my size in a pair of those snappy-looking heels that brought Bigg and Carrie together at the end? Wait, it could happen. Nothing is impossible.

The Sex and the City look might not be a match for the middle-aged fat woman, and I am okay with that. Besides, I wore heels once(thats another story) and they kill my feet; but I encourage you to go see it for yourself and discover what the fuss is about. Someone out there might find that a snazzy pair of Manolos is just what they need.

No comments:

Share/Bookmark

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin