Friday, May 7, 2010

Update Already

The anti virus software that I have installed on my computer drives me nuts sometimes; it's always updating. And when it does it slows my laptop down to a crawl.

If I go more than a day without turning it on it can take over a half an hour for it to do all of the updating. I don't want to get a virus, that's for sure, but it seems that the updating is a little out of control.

Another thing that drives me batty is that after it updates it usually requires a restart of the computer and with an older laptop that can add an additional ten minutes to a simple process.

So, if I am adding correctly, what should be a three minute event to check email turns into a forty minute ordeal of waiting, waiting and more waiting.

Anyway, after it finally updates and reboots you'd think it be time to check the email, right? Would you believe that 99% of the time after it has updated there will be another update, usually from Adobe, iTunes or Java that needs to update?

I don't know about you but I just wish everything would update already.

1 comment:

Grayquill said...

You forgot to complain about the scans after the updates - UGH!
I am with you on this one. Way to irritating.

Share/Bookmark

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin