Tuesday, June 15, 2010

GGGGOOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLL

The famous statue affectionately known as Touchdown Jesus ended its vigil along Interstate 75 last night. It was struck by lightening and burned to the ground.

Can you say Holy Crap? (Holy Crap)

Good heavens, I was just past there last week when I was visiting with Sister in Dayton, Ohio. It is centrally located between Dayton and Cincinnati on the roughest piece of constructionized interstate around. I don't know if someone got a few extra stimulus dollars to spend or not but I swear they have been paving and repaving the same ten feet of interstate for ten years.

Now, I don't know about you, but if I was driving, at night, in a thunderstorm, in a construction zone with barriers on either side and was driving past a 60 foot statue of Jesus, the last thing I would want to see is it go up in flames. I know I already said it, but Holy Crap!





Is it a sign?

I'm not sure if it's a sign or not but since the World Cup is going on (and you know how crazy the world is about soccer) I wonder if it wasn't the Angels way of getting in on the action. You know Gabriel or somebody up there had to be shouting "GGGGGGGGGGGGGGooooooaaaaaaaaaaLLLLLLLLLL" when that lightening bolt struck.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That is frickin' hilarious. I want it on my bathroom wall.

Stacy said...

This story's all over,but this is the funniest thing I've read!

aldon @ orient lodge said...

I have to wonder if Gabriel's trumpet is a Vuvuzela.

Junk Drawer Kathy said...

I hated to say it, but when I saw the picture on the news, I laughed. It was just about the most bizarre thing I've seen. Never heard of that Jesus before. It's too bad he's no more.

Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud. Hadn't heard of this statue or its' demise. Seems like it could be a message from......???

Share/Bookmark

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin