Monday, August 31, 2015

Too Many Choices


On a recent Saturday morning I found myself doing errands in my hometown when I heard my stomach growl. My first thought was how could I possibly be hungry after what I had eaten the night before? My second thought was I wonder if they are still serving breakfast at McDonalds? After another two stops; one at the post office and another at the drugstore to pick up a prescription I found myself waiting in the drive-thru lane at my favorite fast food joint.

My anticipation was building as I slowly inched my way forward to the ordering speaker. Should I get an egg mcmuffin? Maybe, I should try the new oatmeal that Sister has been raving about? What about a sausage biscuit? Should I get a value meal? Do I really need hashbrowns? Should I get coffee? They can't seem to fix my coffee the way I like it. Actually, I don't know how many shots of cream or sugar to tell them; that's probably the reason.

I continued to to inch forward in the car when I heard the lady in front of me order the sausage mcgriddles. Oh My! Now, that's something I would like to try I thought to myself, but what if I don't like it. I better stick to something safe.

Order taker: "Hi, welcome to McDonalds! May I take your order?"

MAFW: "Hi, Uhh, I think I'll have the sausage biscuit with egg."

Order taker: "Okay, would you like to get an extra value meal?"

MAFW: "Uh, sure."

Order taker: "Okay, would you like small, medium or large?"

MAFW: "Uh, I'll take medium. How many hash browns do you get with medium?"

Order taker: "You get one hash brown."

MAFW: "Okay, I'll take medium."

Order taker: "What would you like to drink?"

MAFW: "I'll have a Diet Coke."

Order taker: "Small, medium or large."

MAFW: "Drinks are all the same price, aren't they?"

Order taker: "Yes, they are."

MAFW: "Okay, I'll have the large diet."

I was waiting for the guy to state my total and to please pull forward when I was asked something else. "Would you like the folded or round egg?"

MAFW: "Excuse me?"

Order taker: "Would you like the folded or round egg?"

MAFW: "Uh, what?"

Order taker: "Ma'am, would you like a folded or round egg with your sausage biscuit with egg extra value meal?"

Are you kidding me? I have a hard enough time trying to figure out where I want to eat and what I want to eat. Now I have to decide what shape of egg I want--give me a break! "I'm not sure," I asked. "Do they taste the same?"

Order taker: "Excuse me?"

MAFW: "Yeah,I was wondering if the folded or round egg tasted the same?" (Don't laugh, they could be serving sunny-side up or over medium.)

Order taker: "I think so, they come out of the same place, you know?"

Touche!

No comments:

Share/Bookmark

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin