Wednesday, March 2, 2016

The Gas Company Strikes Again...Part II

...And I'm a bit late with part two but I did finish all of the revisions and wrote the ending on my next two books. So, I haven't been sitting around eating Cadbury Eggs. (Well, I have been doing that, too!)

On with the story...

Rep: "There you are, we had your named spelled wrong."

Me: "Not a problem. Happens all the time."

Rep: "I'm sure. How much gas did you want to order?"

Me: "How much is it?"

Rep: "Well, that depends on how much you purchase. The more you order, the cheaper it is."

Me: "I'm sure. I have a five-hundred gallon tank."

Rep: "Wow! That's big. What percentage are you on?"

(And that right there my friends is where she almost tripped me up. If you say you have less than a certain amount, the gas company says they have to perform a suck test to make sure there aren't any leaks in the system. And you know, there's a fee for that, too. I'm sure! The magic number is 10%; you never have less than that amount.)

Me: "I've got about ten percent."

Rep: "Okay then. The price is $1.29 a gallon."

Me: "Excuse me?"

Rep: "It's $1.29 a gallon."

Me: "Are you sure?"

Rep: "Of course, I'm sure."

I heard her running numbers through the calculator again and then she put me on hold.

Me: "Hello?"

Rep: "Sorry about that, but I'm new here and wanted to make sure I was doing everything correctly. You questioned the price I gave you and I wanted to be sure I was doing it right."

Me: "I'm sorry. I was just startled by the quote you gave."

Rep: "Too high?"

Me: "Are you kidding me? I've never paid less than $2.00 a gallon. I was in shock."

Rep: "I see. Okay, well how much would you like."

Me: "Fill 'er up..."

Check back soon for part three and the conclusion...


No comments:

Share/Bookmark

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin