Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Tormenting The Telemarketer

I didn't recognize the phone number on my Caller Id but it was from Orlando, Fl, so I decided to answer it. I do have family down there, it might be one of them. It shouldn't be from a telemarketer because I am on the Do Not Call List. But every once in a while, one will sneak through. When I answered the phone and there was a pause on the other end I knew it was a telemarketer; the following is our conversation:

Me: Hello? ...silence. Helloooo?

Voice: Uh, hello? Is someone there?

Me: Hallow? (changing my voice to a more older and mature pitch...aka senior citizen) Hallow?

Voice: Okay, hello! (surprised that somebody actually answered the phone) This is Don Juan calling from MRE Orlando Vacations. How are you today?

Me: Fine.

Voice: Okay, great! I'm calling to invite you to a three day vacation here at Walt Disney Orlando. Do you remember when you purchased a vacation a few years back?

Me: Nawp, can't say that I do.

Voice: Okay, you purchased it and was unable to go?

Me: Nawp, can't remember that neither.

Voice: Okay, someone you know went somewhere and wrote your name down?

Me: Nawp, don't know nobody ever been to Orlando.

Voice: Okay, is this G Farmer?

Me: Nawp.

Voice: Okay, that isn't right either. Have you ever lived at blah, blah, blah (my current address)?

Me: Nawp.

Voice: Damn, the whole thing is messed up. Somebody has given me all the wrong information.

Me: Well, bless your heart. Don't you hate it when that happens?

Voice(chuckling): Yes, I do. You wouldn't be interested in a Florida Disney vacation, would you?

Me: Nawp, can't say that I would. Well, Don Juan, what are you, some sort of Romeo? I gotta go, my teeth are boiling. Bye Bye!

Voice: uhhh, bye.

Click!

5 comments:

Rae said...

Funny!
I get those sneaky calls once in awhile, too -and I'm on the DNCL. I just pretend I can't hear them and start shouting and they finally give up!

Greetje said...

My teeth are boiling... Hahhhhahahaaa!!!!

Great!

Margaret said...

Good job!! Annoying little demons!
Funny post, MAW!!

Grayquill said...

You are a hoot... did i just say hoot? I guess I did. I love your creativity. One of the best stories I have heard for getting telemarketers off the phone - my teeth are boiling. HEE HEE!
Good job!

Mom's Cafe Home Cooking said...

Oh my gosh I got tears in my eyes from laughing over the teeth boiling! What a great way to enjoy the wonderful job the telemarketers are doing :)

Share/Bookmark

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin