Saturday, December 31, 2011

And Still Another Year End Closeout

Is it just me or does it seem that 2011 was a really long year?

Winter, here in the south was horrible--lots of snow, ice and unseasonably cold temperatures. Most days, I wore more layers than an eight-layer fruit salad. I looked like the kid brother from the Christmas movie A Christmas Story after his mom had dressed him up for school. Remember that scene?

Also, didn't it seem that there was a lot of natural disasters last year? From the earthquake and tsunami in Japan to extreme flooding in Asia, it was hard for me to watch the news some days.

Then came the middle of April when huge thunderstorms triggered violent tornadoes in the southeast where I live. Luckily, my property received no damage except for some broken tree limbs and a few frayed nerves belonging to one MA Fat Woman and one stressed out Ralphie (my new cat).

Early summer brought a new job for me (yay) of which I have now been laid off from (not so yay). I also began toying with the idea of putting a book together and getting it published (yay). After months of research, editing, more research, conversations with Sister, still more research, more conversations with Jenn of Cabbages and Kings who was pursuing the same goals and a weeklong kick of reading English Grammar Books about capitalization and semi colons, it was done. My first manuscript! Reflections On A Middle-Aged Fat Woman is now available for purchase in paperback and ebook forms. (BIG YAY!)

Also, during the late summer, we welcomed the newest cat to the family, Wally, who is quite a character and fits right in with this wacky family of mine.

In fall, Mom and I took a drive up the Blue Ridge Parkway and had a wonderful time. We visited Grandfather Mountain and Mount Mitchell, which is the highest point east of the Mississippi. We ate good and made lots of memories.

Health wise, I'm still on this side of the dirt and that's all that matters. I did lose 20 pounds which is good but I still need to lose more so I can become the Middle-Aged not so Fat Woman. I hope to maintain a fitness program that lasts longer than six weeks; I'm sure that would help with the weight loss.

I can't really remember what else I was supposed to be working on this year. My memory seems to be forgetting what it is supposed to do. Oh well, I'm sure it will come around and I'll think of something!

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Share/Bookmark

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin