Monday, March 29, 2010

Leaving A Concert

A while back I mentioned my concern about going to a concert because of the size of the seats. It was one of those once-in-a-lifetime events that you are lucky to see once in your lifetime. It was an Eric Clapton concert and was opened by that guy that plays all of the CSI drama theme songs. (Who are you, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, I really wanna know.)

Anyhow, I had decided to let this story die. There was going to be no further mention of it except at my family gatherings where we could all sit around and laugh about it. Until today...

As I was led to the back of the office to meet with my doctor one of the nurses started looking at me all excitedly, shaking her finger at me. "I saw you, where was it? Oh, yeah! It was at the Eric Clapton concert."

Oh, shit. Somebody outside the family knows what happened.

"Well, did you see me leave?" I replied.

"Why did you leave?"

"Well, the seats were a little snug and they wouldn't let us stand up at the top because the show was sold out. I wasn't very comfortable in my seat."

"You didn't have to sit beside that really large man, did you?"

"Yep. When the fat guy has to sit beside another fat guy, something's gotta give and it's usually the seat he's sitting in. His chair gave out and he spilled his beer all over my seat when I had left to visit the facilities. By that time, we were over everybody and their beers, we were bored, so we just left. We heard Eric sing one song."

"Wow! That stinks."

"Did he sing, Layla?"

"No."

"Did he sing, Tears in Heaven?"

"No."

"He didn't. What did he sing?"

"I'm not really sure. I didn't recognize most of the songs and we were kind of bored too. You probably didn't miss much. We thought about leaving, but I think the same guy that spilled beer on your chair was moved to the end of the row where we were sitting. It would have been hard to get past him and I bet it was hard sitting beside him. Anyway, hope you feel better."

2 comments:

Queen-Size funny bone said...

well at least you can say you were there....

Margaret Hall said...

Dang, if it is something that I HATE, it is a beer-soaked seat~!!
And, I love Clapton too, sorry that you didn't get to hear Layla!!

Share/Bookmark

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin