Saturday, August 2, 2008

The X Files...I Want To Believe...Not

The X Files...I want to Believe, well, excuse me, I want to throw up! What a disappointment. Of course, this is only the middle-aged fat woman's opinion, but I am glad I went to see this movie at the afternoon matinee.

I think I speak for the legion of X File fans everywhere when I say, "I thought this movie was supposed to be about extraterrestrials. I thought that was what I was supposed to believe in."

No aliens.

No black oily-like substance

No smoking man

No weird funny science guys

Mulder and Scully were in the movie. Skinner made a brief appearance in the last ten minutes. They talked about their relationship and their son for about 30 seconds. And, that's it.

Any resemblance to anything closely resembling the television X Files is purely coincidental and unintentional is what the disclaimer should say. I found the plot difficult to follow and the dialogue forced.

However, there was an upside to the movie. The chemistry between the actors was very strong. Fox was as good-looking as ever and Dana was breathtaking with her long red hair.

That's about it. If you like the X Files, go see it, but don't pay full price.

No comments:

Share/Bookmark

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin