Thursday, January 1, 2009

Less Is Better

I wanted to get a head start on this year's resolutions, so I spent New Year's Eve baking. I eat out too often and I buy way too many prepackaged products. I'm a pretty good cook when I want to spend the time and effort.

My personal physician, who is now a regular reader of Reflections on a MA Fat Woman has encouraged me to become the MA Less Fat Woman.

Well, Crap! You know what that means? That little four-letter word that we all love to hate: D-I-E-T. My champagne buzz hasn't even started to wear off yet and I'm already beginning to think of ways that I can cheat on my new healthy eating plan--at least that's what they tell me it's called.

I probably shouldn't go out for Chinese food either. That's something I always do on New Year's Day.

It's a good thing I did all of that baking. I probably shouldn't mention what I made. Okay, you dragged it out of me. Chocolate Chip Cookies, and they sure are good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

diets don't work, quote unquote healthy eating doesn't work. Moderation does work. Yeah, cut some of the junk out and portion control is everything. If you crave it, eat it. Just not the whole thing!

Anonymous said...

3 Day Diet is a low calorie diet for those who want to achieve a short term weight loss. Unfortunately most people simply gain the weight back on again.
Some people loose their weight sudden drop in calories, this may be fat but most will be from water loss. That’s why this diet is not recommended and should never be used for more than 3 days. This kind of diet is often used by those who experience “ yo-yo” weight.

Share/Bookmark

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin