Monday, January 26, 2009

An One Senior

Mom and I went to dinner and a movie this weekend. We saw the Curious Case of Benjamin Button and then had dinner at a new Cuban restaurant. The movie was interesting, albeit a little bit curious. Anyhow, at least it was different.

Movies have gotten really expensive. The regular price for an evening show is $9.75. The matinee (before 6 PM) price is $7.25 and the Senior rate(age 55 & over)is also $7.25. As we waited in line to puchase our tickets Mom kept reminding me to ask for the Senior rate--make sure you ask for the Senior rate. Since it was before 6 PM, the matinee and Senior tickets were going to be the same price so I didn't mention the Senior rate.

Oh my goodness! Mom went Senior on me and the ticket agent: "What kind of place you people running here? I worked my whole life paying school taxes to keep you kids in pimple cream and xerox paper. You think you could help a senior out by giving them a discount on a movie ticket. And furthermore, why does it cost 15 bucks for a drink and popcorn? I know those big time movie stars make 40 million a picture, but why should I have to pay for it? As a senior that has proudly paid her taxes since before our current President was born, I think I deserve a discount."

Nobody said anything until the ticket agent said this: "It's after 6 PM, so I'm going to have to charge you full price of $9.75 and..."

"An one Senior"!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya! We only hit Matinees now however, they are only $5.50 out here in our little city. Pus, we sneek in the drinks and popcorn now too! Have a good week!

Share/Bookmark

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin