Thursday, January 22, 2009

To Blackberry Or Not

That is the question. Call me old-fashioned or something, but, do we really want our President to have a Blackberry? Potentially, a lot could go wrong there.

Even if you have just an ordinary cell phone, those pesky buggars can go off at the most inopportune times.

But, what if you are the President? A few examples:

"Excuse me, your Majesty (Queen of England) I gotta take this call".

"Hey Osama, it's Obama, can you turn yourself in"? (This could be a could thing.)

"Michelle, can you (bbbbuuuzzzzz)( No, Hilary, I don't know if you can be my running mate in four years.) pass me the potatoes, please"?

"No, Pete (Rose) I am not God. He's the only one that is going to be able to get you into the Hall of Fame".

Do you think if other world leaders got his number if any of them would call and maybe so some heavy breathing on the end of the line?

What about just calling and hanging up?

I'm not sure if it is a federal offense to call and hang up on the President or not.

What about during the State of the Union address? "My fellow Americans, it is with great (Ring, Ring, Ring, Buzz, buuzz) Sorry about that, it was supposed to be on silent mode. Now, where was I"?

Maybe, I watch too many movies or something, but it would seem that the technology is certainly there to hack into any phone system. They did it to Paris Hilton and Sarah Palin.

The one thing we won't have to worry about is the President trying to send a text message and drive at the same time. But, will the Blackberry be so distracting that he loses focus somewhere else? In his speech he quoted scripture "to put away childish things", I'm not saying a Blackberry is childish. But, when you are the most powerful man in the world holding the keys to the largest military arsenal in history, do you really want to be distracted by the buzz, buzz of a cell phone?

To Blackberry or not?

Not.

1 comment:

Da Old Man said...

No blackberry.

It probably is a federal offense to prank call the President.

Share/Bookmark

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin